Aug 20, 2012

Strawberry Madness


Hi, my name is Renee and I´m addicted to chocolate covered strawberries!

Today was one of those days when I needed to have some (actually like 8).

But I thought, not only I would go for strawberries with chocolate, I wanted something more. Then I saw a really inspiring photo on Pinterest and it hit me: Strawberries yes, but filled with cream cheese and covered with dark chocolate and dolled up with some nuts! The result= YUMM multiple times!

I made the cream cheese filling with the delish recipe from Joy of Baking. Actually the first time I tried this recipe was when I made it with some red velvet cupcakes and I just loved the flavor and consistency.  I thought about this recipe for the strawberries, and it worked amazingly again, all those rich flavors go perfect as a team! 

This is the recipe:
Cream Cheese Frosting:
8 ounces (227 grams) cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup (60 grams) confectioners' (icing or powdered) sugar, sifted
2/3 cup (160 ml) cold heavy whipping cream (double cream) (35-40% butterfat)
Adapted from: Joy of Baking.
**I like doing the filling before, then chill it in the fridge.

So let’s start, first things first. Wash everything super good and let dry. By everything I mean hands, tools, strawberries, everything you will touch and eat.


For the strawberries,  I just turned them into ..small kind of glasses? I don’t even know.

I cut the top and bottom part. For the bottom part don’t cut too much, if you do, the filling will escape through there.

Then I remove the top middle part with a knife.

Before we go and fill this part in, I found it easier to cover the strawberries with chocolate before.

So dip all the berries you want on the chocolate (I melted it on the microwave for about 30 seconds), then roll them on some nuts, or almonds (anything you like, I just love nuts). Be gentle, remember the strawberry is practically open and it can break super fast. Let chocolate harden for a bit.

Then, with a piping bag and the filling piping tip #230 from Wilton I started the fun!


They taste honestly delish! I had like 8 at one round, but thinking about it strawberries are really tinny so is not that bad. My family loved them, they lasted  15 minutes on the table, can’t wait to make them again!!



Ingredientes I used:
-Strawberries.
-Cream Cheesse filling frosting.
- 1 bar of dark chocolate (I used hershey´s)
- Nuts

  
SIDE NOTES:
1)      For the cream cheese filling recipe: Is meant to be for I believe 12 cupcakes, so for strawberries this is a lot! I just made half of it. Plus, the strawberries around here are tinny, so really the amount needed for one strawberry is minimum.
(Ideas: You can always make more strawberries or save a bit of the filling for any other project, as well. Or just finish it all with a spoon and then double the time of your workout for that day :D, it is that good)

2)      Talking about the same recipe: She has another recipe for strawberries filled with cream cheese, but I liked this one better.

3)      Strawberries are delicious and they taste their best the same day they are made, a day after they start looking a bit old and they don´t taste fresh. Even if you cover them. (Been there done that :S)

4)      Be aware. They are addictive! SO good! ENJOY!




Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment