Sep 8, 2012

Chocolate Strawberry Heaven!

I recently got this made out from my sister:


And even thought i chose the fabric, seeing it all as an actual object and not just as some random pieces of fabric makes me happy. And it actually inspired me to make this deliciousness: 


I don´t know if its the fact i love strawberries, or that strawberries and polka dots drive me crazy, but i LOVED how the cupcake itself looked over the fabric.

The funny thing is that my family "is not much into sweets" and guess how long this cupcakes lasted? 1 hour!
When I was making them I thought, well,i can give some to my friends and just drop some to their offices and such, but i couldn't get them out of home, they where over way before that!
I think a part of this is the combination: Cream Cheese Frosting + Chocolate Cupcakes + Strawberries = Success!

I must admit,they tasted delicious even though the cupcakes themselves were not that good. I got the recipe from allrecipes.com, but I decided to keep on looking. So any chocolate cake will do. Grandma´s recipes will always work.

The recipe I will gladly share, is the cream cheese frosting recipe. (Recipe + process below). It gets me every time and it is just so simple and delish! I just added 2 tablespoons of strawberry puree, you can always use some strawberries preserves, I just had a lot of extra strawberries at the moment.

To doll my cupcakes up I used the 1 M tip from Wilton and one really clean and yummy strawberry on top of each!

This was honestly oh-so.good, cannot wait to try them again, maybe with another fruit on top, how about blueberries?

Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe:
Ingredients Quantity
Cream Cheese (Room Temperature) 8 ounces (227 grams) 
Vanilla Extract 1/2 Teaspoon
Sifted Confectioners Powdered or icing sugar 1/2 cup (60 grams) 
cold heavy whipping cream 2/3 cup (160 ml) 
(double cream) (35-40% butterfat)
or powdered whipping cream
Strawberry puree or strawberry preserves  2 Tablespoons


   
Process:
In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the vanilla and confectioners sugar and beat until smooth. Using the whisk attachment, gradually add the heavy cream and whip until the frosting is thick enough to pipe. Add more sugar or cream as needed to get the right consistency.
Recipe From Joy Of Baking.
Cheers and Enjoy!

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment